|Act On File, 2012 TV License|
A simple license to give everyone peace of mind. Keeping things simple is always the best option.
- Grant and scope of Act On File TV Viewing Licence
- In consideration of your agreeing to abide by the terms in this agreement, the Licensor grants to you permission to use a specialised television module included in the Software which provides media distribution (the "TV Service"). For the avoidance of doubt, by using the TV Service you are indicating acceptance of the terms of this Licence and in particular this clause 6.
- The Licensor may change the terms set out in this clause 6 from time to time; such modified terms (the "Modified Terms") will be posted at http://www.mbbsoftware.com/Products/Act-On-File/2012/TV-Terms.aspx or made available within the Service. If you do not agree to the Modified Terms you must stop using the TV Service. Your continued use of the TV Service after the date the Modified Terms are posted will constitute your acceptance of the Modified Terms.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you do not accept the terms of this clause 6 or the Modified Terms, you may continue to use the rest of the Software in accordance with this Licence but you may not use the TV Service.
- You must:
- not distribute any part of or parts of the TV Service, including but not limited to any content, in any medium without the Licensor's prior written approval. For the avoidance of doubt, such approval shall not be deemed to be given if the means for such distribution is provided (for example by download link or address);
- not alter or modify any part of the TV Service;
- not access content through any technology or means other than the video playback provided by the Software or other means provided by the Licensor explicitly designated for this purpose;
- not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with (or attempt to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with) any security related features of the TV Service or features that (i) prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or (ii) enforce limitations on use of the TV Service or the content accessible via the TV Service;
- not use the TV Service for any commercial uses unless you obtain the Licensor's prior written approval including but not limited to (i) the sale of access to the TV Service (ii) the sale of advertising, sponsorships or promotions placed on or within the TV Service, or content; and/or (iii) the sale of downloaded content from the TV Service, when such download is permitted;
- not use or launch any automated system of any kind that accesses the TV Service video playback provided by the Software;
- not access content for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as intended through and permitted by the normal functionality of the TV Service, and solely for streaming i.e. a contemporaneous digital transmission of the material by the Licensor via the internet to a user-operated instance of the Software in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded (either permanently or temporarily), copied, stored, or redistributed by the user;
- not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of MBBSoftware or the respective licensors of the content, except if any such permission is explicitly granted and whereas a download link is explicitly supplied.
- The Licensor is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the TV Service may change from time to time without prior notice to you. As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that the Licensor may suspend the TV Service (or any features within the TV Service) permanently or temporarily to you or to users generally at the Licensor's sole discretion and without prior notice. You may choose to stop using the TV Service at any time and do not need to notify the Licensor.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under the Licence and for the consequences of any such breach (included any consequences that may be suffered by the Licensor) and you acknowledge that the Licensor has no responsibility to you or to any third party for any breach of your obligations under this Licence.
- You acknowledge that in using the TV Service you may be exposed to content that is (i) factually inaccurate, offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable to you and/or (ii) owned by its respective copyright owner who holds all rights and responsibilities for their content provided to you by the TV Service. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Licensor with respect to any such content.
- With the exception of content submitted to the TV Service by you, all other content of the TV Service is either owned by or licensed to the Licensor, and is subject to copyright, trade mark rights and other intellectual property rights of the Licensor or its licensors. Any third party trademarks or service marks present on content not uploaded or posted by you are trademarks or service marks of its respective owner. Such content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of the Licensor or, where applicable, its licensors. The Licensor and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their consent.
- In addition to private viewing, the Licensor and its licensors may allow certain content to be downloaded, distributed or used in any other way subject to explicit permission granted before, during or at the end of the particular material. A download link or other reference as well as the full and entire scope of the permission will be stated.
- The TV Service may include hyperlinks to other websites that are not owned or controlled by the Licensor. The Licensor has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. You acknowledge and agree that the Licensor is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Licensor is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of such external websites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources.